Children in our Programs:
- Children 6-17 years of age living in the Peel Region
- Children and their parent(s)/guardian(s) have decided that they would enjoy and benefit from a mentoring relationship
- Children who want to have fun, feel safe and share new experiences with trusted adults
- Children who are able to form a two-way friendship with a volunteer
- Children who have limited extracurricular activities
- Children and parent(s)/guardian(s) are able to make a commitment to the program for at least one year
Many of our Littles are living in single-parent households, however, children in two-parent families are eligible for our programs when the child has a strong need for a mentoring relationship. Support for involvement is necessary from all parent(s)/guardian(s), including non-custodial parents.
In school based mentoring programs children are referred by school personnel through the Peel District School Board and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board.