Game On! is a group mentoring program for providing boys and young men with information and support to make informed choices about a range of healthy lifestyle practices.
Game On! is a seven week school based mentoring program for boys age 11-14. The program explores pressing issues facing boys and young men through physical activity, healthy eating, self esteem and communication skills. Male mentors are fully trained to lead sessions in participating schools.
The program strives to...
- Openly discuss current and pressing issues facing boys and young men
- build appreciation for the benefits of healthy eating habits
- promote physical exercise through the use of non-traditional activities
- instill respect for socio-economic, ethno-cultural and racial diversity
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
- and above all, make a difference.
This program takes place once a week for 7 weeks and each meeting is 2 hours in length. Volunteers make a minimum 7 week/1 session commitment..
If you would like to learn more about becoming a mentor you can inquire now or contact us. If you are ready to start volunteering please download our Volunteer Information Package and Application